Hermanus Whale Watchersfrom
Make your own priceless memories on our whale watching boat trip experiencing close encounters with Southern Right, Humpback and Bryde’s whales and possibly even pods of dolphins.
Tel: 028 312 4957
Cell: 082 931 8064
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
You are invited to join us on an exhilarating two-hour voyage to discover Hermanus’ wonderful marine wildlife, stunning coastline and famous whales.
Hermanus Whale Watchers on the Cape Whale Coast in South Africa is a boat- based whale watching company offering exciting up-close encounters with Southern Right Whale mating groups and mother and calve interactions in a natural environment.
We often also encounter pods of dolphins, Humpback & Bryde’s whales, and various sea birds on our trips.
The whale watching season starts in June and lasts until November.
Our boat, Unathi, is WHEELCHAIR accessible and CHILD FRIENDLY.
Duration: Approximately 2 hours, sometimes longer, depending on the whale and marine sightings
9h00, 11h00, 14h00 and 16h00 Trip times might vary due to weather and tide conditions.
The trip experience:
- You will be in the competent hands of a SAMSA qualified skipper, a SATOUR qualified guide and 2 crew members. The crew is all the local communities and have excellent knowledge about the marine wildlife in this area.
- Your whale watching tour starts at our orange crew house on your right-hand side as you enter the new harbour In Hermanus
- You will be welcomed by Kylin and Sylvia who will conduct the check in, payments and indemnity signing.
- Our crew house boasts 2x clean comfortable bathrooms with more serviced bathrooms outside.
- We serve coffee on arrival and after the trip.
- You will then receive an orientation briefing about the trip, marine life we can expect to encounter, the weather and recent sightings.
- Children u/12 will be fitted with life jackets. Life jackets for all passengers are onboard.
- The guide will accompany you on the 5-minute walk to the boat.
- After being seated we will give you a safety briefing.
The Whale Experience:
- An exhilarating two-hour voyage to discover Walker bay’s wonderful wildlife, stunning coastline and famous whales.
- Depending on conditions and recent sightings we will travel along the shallow waters along the coast towards Die Plaat in search Southern Right Whales.
- En route we often encounter Humpback and Bryde’s whales and pods of dolphins.
- Each trip is different, which makes your whale watching experience even more exciting!
- 2 Hour Guided Whale Watching trip
- Water (on the boat)
- Coffee on arrival and after the trip.
2023 Whale Watching Rates
R1100: Seniors / Students (with cards)
R600 : Children u/ 13yrs
FREE : Kids u / 5yrs
Trip Departure Times
9h00, 11h00, 14h00, 16h00
Daily Trips * weather permitting.